Get Healthy Newsreel
Stories and posts updated regularly by HealthFinders staff and interns.
- April 6, 2013 at 11:34 am
Star Tribune reports on an alliance of 10 community clinics in the Twin Cities banding together to care for the underprivileged while controlling costs to Minnesota's Medicaid program.
- April 3, 2013 at 6:35 pm
Learn the top 5 ways to prevent obesity!
- March 24, 2013 at 6:32 pm
The recently published County Health Rankings puts Rice County among the top 25% healthiest counties in Minnesota. However, in a state with the highest disparities in the nation, Rice County is home to some of the highest disparities in poverty rate in Minnesota.
- March 20, 2013 at 6:40 am
When Lene, a 10th grade student at Northfield High School, became sick last December, she didn’t know where to turn to get help. Click here to read more about Lene's story and her experience with Healthfinders.
- March 11, 2013 at 7:04 pm
Is there really such a thing as "healthy fat"? Find out here!
- March 5, 2013 at 6:45 pm
Click here to learn why vitamins are vital to your health and well-being.
- February 26, 2013 at 1:34 pm
Are you at risk for high blood pressure? Find out by clicking here!
- February 15, 2013 at 10:36 am
Most of us have been told that calcium is needed to produce strong bones. But what else does calcium do in the body? And exactly how much is needed each day? Click here to find out more about calcium!
- February 12, 2013 at 4:23 pm
The average American consumes 50% more sodium than needed on a daily basis. Find out how much sodium is actually needed by your body and learn how to reduce your sodium intake by clicking here!
- December 18, 2012 at 6:22 pmThe 2013 holiday season is about to begin—the start of the holiday parties, the family gatherings, and the annual temptation to overindulge in delicious food. Make healthy eating and physical activity part of the fun. Great gatherings are easy to do when tasty, healthy foods from all the food groups are offered in a fun, active environment. This holiday season, make the focus enjoying your friends and family. Check out these simple tips to make your holiday season fun and healthy.
- December 4, 2012 at 3:03 pm
Is the stress of the holiday season getting to you? Click here to learn about stress and how you can effectively manage stress in your daily life.
- November 18, 2012 at 5:38 pm
What causes diabetes and why is it so common? Click here to find out if you are at risk for developing the diabetes in the future.